OT - What are you doing on Valentines Day ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - What are you doing on Valentines Day ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Doing something special for your sweetie ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:29 am:

I'll give her some cheese.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Pints with the Past at Gilmore Car Museum. Basically a craft beer tasting event with food at a museum stuffed with Duesenbergs, Packards, Franklins, steam cars and even a few Ts. And my wife likes the event just as much as I do. I married very well :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:02 am:

Getting ready for the next 8 to 12 inches of snow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Steve love that picture, I go through that routine almost every time I crawl under the T. Mine get hamburger helper for the special day. Only girlfriends I have. Harvday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

Bill Harper

Me Too!

Sorry for the poor quality.
This is what it looks like out our front window.
Ant it isn't near the as high as the banks next to the driveway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Going to a car show! (without the wife) She is not a fan of Valentines day anyway!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 03:05 pm:

Wifey and I are going on a double date with older son and his wife.

You have to marry well. 52 years here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

Well I have double duty tomorrow. It's my anniversary and Valentines day. Normally we spend a weekend away from the kids for good quality time together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Going to car club potluck. Wife staying home and warm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

I don't know. It's suppose to be real cold. The high is only suppose to get up to 60.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

That's terrible Richard, how can you stand it. Our high tomorrow is around 1 above.

One of the T clubs is having their Christmas party tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Dropping the kids off at grandma's, and taking my wife to the T-totalers banquet. We might go with her brother to race go-karts afterward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Taking the family out boating on Galveston Bay. Will be sunny and in the 70's tomorrow. What is this snow stuff some of you are referring to in your posts? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Eating some good seafood and spending time with my good looking wife instead of talking to you clowns..... oh, wait... Doh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Bill and Fred, you N.H. boys are being short changed this year. Here in Avon,12 mi. south of Boston, there is about 4 ft. standing on my lawn after the nearly 7 ft. that has fallen in the past 3 weeks has compacted. The forecast for Sat. thru Sun. night is for 12 to 18+ possibly as much as another 2 ft. with winds above 40 mph. The pile at the end of my driveway is as high as my F-250 plow truck. I pulled over 3 ft off the roof this afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Hi Bob,

On the docket for tomorrow is to shovel the roof of the garage. And the shed. And the porch. Maybe dig out/uncover the pickup. Try to open one or more of the garage overhead doors as all of them are frozen shut.
All of this while we, here in the land of God's Chosen Frozen, listen to the idyllic ramblings of the Summer Solders and the Sunshine Patriots.......

With tongue firmly frozen to cheek, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

Appreciate that snow, guys. It's better to have some extra than to be in a drought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Some of us are running out of room to put the extra.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

Bob, i feel your pain, this is getting ridiculous. At this point it seems like it will be forever till we get to drive our T's. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

Well, I plan on honoring my wife by going to the Early Bird Swap meet !!!!! If she's lucky I will find some rusty old parts for our newest purchase a 1926 model t touring.

On the way home I will stop at a store and pick up a card to go with the newly purchased parts.

I too will kill 2 birds with one stone.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Gonna sit in the 75 degree sun eating chocolate candy and watch the drought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

I proposed to Anja on February 14, 1972. I admitted then and afterwards that I had picked the date so I would be able to remember it. We married the following December. We were married for 40 years and seven months. Tomorrow, as I do every 4-5 weeks, I will drive up to the cemetery and reminisce with her about all the good times. Please rest assured that this post is not meant to be a "downer" for anyone. As I approach two years, reminiscing is a happy occasion and my life is moving on. I would suggest, though, that those of you who still have your wives give them an extra Valentine's Day hug tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

Great comment Dick, will do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

Dick. You brought a tear to my eye.
It is great to have memories and it is a reminder for the rest of us to appreciate the moment.
One never knows what the future will bring.
When I drive my T I always think of my dad and wish I had more time with him or paid more attention to what he said.
I hope my grand daughters remember our times together when I am gone .
The older I get the more I wish I had listened to my grandfathers and dad because now I realize that there was wisdom in their years of experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 03:03 am:

We are all going for tacos at lunch time so we can get fatter. Lots of cousins and good friends from the past 20 years are all here with us in Cabo.

I am cooking fresh fish for dinner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 06:08 am:

Dick L, you brought a tear to my eye also. Treasure always the memories of what you had together. It never lasts forever, and only the most fortunate of men can have anything a special as you had.

Here, the flower arrangement is in the closet till morning. (Gotta keep it away from the cats or they will eat it!) The card (I always find a really nice one) is in the pantry leaning against the chocolate milk can (where she will find it in the morning when she goes to make her hot chocolate!)
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 06:48 am:

This is the beginning of Carnival here and it can get crazy. Wife and I will be keeping local and eating at a popular cuy joint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Steven Robbins.... Newton, Kansas on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:26 am:

The Flatland T's will be having our first meeting of the year and a workshop on cast iron welding. Took my lovely wife out last night so I could have today for model t's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Took my wife out for V Day dinner yesterday as we're in the beginning of a very long very cold (sub zero high on sunday) weekend! Now to take care of my other gal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:58 am:

My dear wife gave me chocolate spark plugs. But I'll have to send her back out for one more ;-)
plugs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 10:57 am:

I'm smoking a rack of ribs. Can you smell 'em? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 11:09 am:

Going to look at some Model T parts :-), and celebrating Oregon's Birthday (well sort of)!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 11:25 am:

Neighbor's out of town ice fishing. I guess I'll mosey on over and see if his mrs needs anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert C.(Bob) Borden on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 02:20 pm:

John, Maybe our more northern or northwestern friends can produce a T snomobile with a pto driving a snowblower, 6 ft width 2 stage should be adequet. We can extend our driving season to year round!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Great idea with the t trans you could just keep touching the low pedal to keep the snowblower full! any idea what you would use to power the snowblower ?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Just got home from taking her on a 250 mile motorcycle ride. We are now warming our derrieres in front of the fire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

just gone done with ribeye /twin lobster tails and cold bud light //next is hot tub/smoking fire and bud light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg sarky K on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

An original Valentines wish from 1912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Last night, took my beloved wife to a great Italian dinner, easier to get reservations. Dinner was beyond superb. I spent the morning line boring a couple T engines for stroker cranks. One Scat crank, one modified A crank. One flathead, one Rajo overhead. Dad and I recharged 6 sets of T magneto magnets and put them up in stock. At present, we are getting ready to fire up the BBQ and cook rib eyes for the family. Later, dad and I will get a ride to the local brew pub and discuss model T's, other vintage cars, antique player pianos, and the Florentine Renaissance. Doesn't get any better than that, for us.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 11:19 pm:

Just a last minute musing of Billy Murray on this special day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMpOE_wMADI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:37 am:

Oh, I almost forgot:

Kudzu is green,
my dog's name is Blue
And I'm so lucky
to have a sweet thang like you.

Yore hair is like cornsilk
A-flappin' in the breeze.
Softer than Blue's
And without all them fleas.

You move like the bass,
Which excite me in May.
You ain't got no scales
But I luv you anyway.

You're as graceful as okry
Jist a-dancin' in the pan.
Yo're as fragrant as SunDrop
Right out of the can.

You have all yore teeth,
For which I am proud;
I hold my head high
When we're in a crowd.

On special occasions,
When you shave yore armpits,
Well, I'm in hawg heaven,
I'm plumb outta my wits.

And speakin' of wits,
You've got plenty fer shore.
'Cuz you married me
Back in '64.

Still them fellers at work
They all want to know,
What I did to deserve
Such a purty, young doe.

Like a good roll of duct tape
Yo're there fer yore man,
To patch up life's troubles
And stick 'em in the can.

Yo're as strong as a four-wheeler
Racin' through the mud,
Yet fragile as that sanger
Named Naomi Judd.

Yo're as cute as a junebug
A-buzzin' overhead.
You ain't mean like no far ant
Upon which I oft' tread.

Cut from the best pattern
Like a flannel shirt of plaid,
You sparked up mah life
Like a Rattletrap shad.

When you hold me real tight
Like a padded gunrack,
My life is complete;
Ain't nuttin' I lack.

Yore complexion, it's perfection,
Like the best vinyl sidin'.
Despite all the years,
Yore age, it keeps hidin'.

And when you get old
Like a '57 Chevy,
Won't put you on blocks
And let grass grow up heavy.

Me 'n' you's like a Moon Pie
With a RC cold drank,
We go together
Like a skunk goes with stank.

Some men, they buy chawklit
For Valentine's Day;
They git it at Wal-Mart,
It's romantic that way.

Some men git roses
On that special day
From the cooler at Kroger.
"That's impressive," I say.

Some men buy fine diamonds
From a flea market booth.
"Diamonds are forever,"
They explain, suave and couth.

But for this man, honey,
These will not do.
For you are too special,
You sweet thang you.

I got you a gift,
Without taste nor odor,
Better than diamonds,
It's a Model T motor.

---------
I first posted this on MTFCA Forum 14 Feb 1998. As modified from the internets.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration