Did Ford produce different height Coupe bodies?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Did Ford produce different height Coupe bodies?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Magnus Wiberg on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

A friend of mine restored a 1927 Coupe body that is about 3 inches lower than other Coupe bodies.I stand 190 cm and I cannot sit straight in the car wearing even a baseball cap!The body didnīt show any signs of being lowered at all, and all pressings in the sheet metal seem to have been there from the factory!
Also, years ago, an ad for a Coupe body for sale showed that very low body. All the windows on those bodies really look very low, but not even the inside window frames on my friends car show any signs of being tampered with!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike peterson on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

I sold a body one time that the header above the windshield was taken out and the rest of the body chopped to that level, I never noticed it till someone asked if it was chopped. it was on a stock T to boot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

15 to 22 are the tall coupes

23 to 25 are a shorter size.

26-27 are shorter yet.

People call all T coupes a tall T which is wrong, the tall T's are 15-22, and also I think they made a 09-10 coupe also which is tall.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

If you are comparing them from how they fit you seated inside? It is possible the seat may have been altered in one, the other, or both. The only way to really know would be to measure a couple of them and compare them. Of course, you would need to compare two of the same model series. My coupe is a '24 and seems quite tall inside.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 05:55 pm:

Do you have pictures, Magnus?

Coupes are rare in Sweden and I haven't seen many.. I was only aware of one difference from US manufacture and that's a lowered chassis on the european made cars 1925-27, but I haven't seen anything about different height of the bodies. A Copenhagen or Manchester built 26/27 would be about 1-1/2" lower in the chassis than a US or Canadian built car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration