BR-549

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: BR-549
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Just watched Junior Sample peddling a Model T with a dog driving it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

OMG I loved that show! Wish they'd bring back the good shows like that again. Also Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies and Laugh-in. The kind where you don't need to really think, just sit and laugh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

I was checking out at a store today and the mindless doofus at check out asked me for my phone number. I told him it was BR-549. His blank, mindless, quisling stare was priceless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Every Sunday night at 8.00 on RFD!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:04 am:

I have "bottom rung" satellite service, don't get RFD. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:14 am:

Tim, you can watch the shows you mentioned on You Tube. We just finished watching 3 seasons of The Real McCoys :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Isn't the T behind Junior a 16 going by the headlights? Its hard to believe Hee-Haw is over 40 years old. Man how time flies.

Is Amos and Andy on any of the other satellite TV services? I hadn't found it yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Paul :-) I usually tell then Michael2-6251 it's fun to watch the wheels turn because they don't want to admit they have no clue!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:20 am:

John, same as the shows Tim asked about, you can view full episodes of Amos and Andy on You Tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3to-SyxOmn0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 11:30 am:

GR, to be completely correct, that number is written: MIchael2-6251. My childhood number was CEdar5-2721--it's still my brother's phone number too! (he bought the family biz)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 11:51 am:

When my father started his business in Seattle his 1st phone number was 72, later they added 50 which was the location so the number became 5072, then later they added a name for the location, Main 5072, years later they added the sub number, and the number became Main 3-5072. He held this number until retirement and selling the business to his oldest son. Hi son held this number until his retirement and selling the business some 20 years ago. So the phone number started in the early 20's and remained mostly the same for nearly 100 years.

When the phone company added names to the numbers, the names designated the neighborhoods around Seattle. Main designating central Seattle.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 11:56 am:

A lot of these shows are on Netflicks, Hulu and Youtube. Also there's a few retro stations like MeTV. #43 on Direct TV. Been watching The Adventures of Superman on there. Great fun. Plenty of other older shows on there too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

Just in case some of you aren't familiar with the "word numbers" the first two letters are the prefix numbers; ie: CEdar5-2721 becomes 235-2721, but when I was a kid we only had to dial the 4 numbers, then the 5 numbers, as any other prefix number was long-distance and went through the local operator exchange (a building downtown). Almost every town had an operator exchange.
My brother's number has only changed by the area code, 916 mostly become 530. It used to cover almost all of Northern California. When the split it, Sacramento kept the 916, everyone else had to change. I still think it should have been the other way around!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Tim - Don't forget The Waltons, a really good show.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

I can remember win I was a kid in Bertram Tx we sell had crank phones . Miss Ella was the operator , she had the switchboard in her home . Every one had a different ring . Ours was two longs and a short . my dad told me when he was in high school he called Miss Ella and asked for her to ring Marry Smith Miss Ella replied she already has a date . I'ill put you through to sally she does't have a date yet . And that's life in a small town . .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration