C-Cab progress

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: C-Cab progress
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Last fall I showed the beginning of paint work on my C-Cab. Here's where we are now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

A couple more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

And a couple

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

That looks fantastic! Is the body and old one or did you build it? I recognize the rear door windows as those from a regular C cab truck cab. Nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Good eye Justin! We used to make the TT C-Cab upper rear window panel. So when I built this body I just turned the dies long way and stamped them in the panels. I built this body in 1998. Just took a while to get it finished. It's all oak, stained and varnished. All panels are aluminum as are the fenders and all the rest of the metal work. The panels were painted on the inside and then put on the skeleton.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Very nice workmanship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Looks amazing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:22 am:

Nice ..... You nailed the look on the oak stain. I used to use an "English Oak" stain by Sherman Williams that gave the same old look to the wood. But they do not make it anymore. What brand stain did you use .???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:33 am:

That's lovely. It's going to look great on a chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

That is beautiful!

(the wheels look a little small though, you may get stuck in a pothole)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark McWethy on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

Very Cool!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

The wood was stained with Pratt & Lambert "Oriental Walnut" and varnished with Man-O-War Marine Spar Varnish. This was 18 yrs. ago. Today I would use Minwax Dark Walnut, seal the grain and use DuPont Chroma Premier 72500S. Times have changed and so have materials. Some better-some not. Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments. Here's the chassis it's going on Steve, and Dennis I'm working on that wheel issue. Currently working on the transmission and getting the engine assembled and finishing the paint on fenders and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

And the back end.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration