OIL GUAGE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OIL GUAGE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albin Werner on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

I HAVE HAD MY 25' TOURING FOR 14 MONTHS... & thanks to Gary and Steve (ModelTClubSouthern Nevada) I am blessed with a REAL WINNER.

I discovered the AKURET Oil Guage to protect my engine (it has been pulled twice!) .... boy, am I happy! My wife no longer has to get on her knees to check for me :>)

Buy one and never guess the oil level!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Here's the 2010 accessory of the Day Thread on this original accessory. The parts vendors sell the reproductions.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/132948.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Have one on my coupe---love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eugene story on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 07:07 am:

Woman goes into nappa to buy a 710 sales person said don't have one and never heard of one.. Oh yes all cars have one, Come out to the car and I will show you. Oil cap on upside down. 710 oil
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:17 am:

I had the fun of making one myself with brass elbow from plumbing supply, thick wall copper tubing, aluminum rod, 5/8" bolt head a bit of drilling and a good tap & die set. Toughest part was lining up the hole thru the splash apron but it went ok. More fun for me if I can do it myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

I like it except for the having to drill a hole in your splash apron part.

Would be nice it you could extend it up through to the engine compartment near the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

Dan, thats a good idea. another elbow fitting and you probably could angle it up the dash or even the floorboard I bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Not for me. I'd rather crawl through the dust with pride and do it Henry's way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

I did it thru the splash apron because I'd seen 2 cars with that configuration. If you used a flexible strip of sheet metal you could probably work it into the engine compartment. Good variation. What was the original AKURET application ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albin Werner on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 08:16 am:

the installation was very easy when I figured out that a piece of 'dowling' fitted into the 'elbow' and cut to the length needed to reach the splash pan gave me the EXACT angle up to the splash pan to mark for the drilling hole .... did I say that I am NOT mekanikallee inclined?

AND, yes at 74, I have had some 'drilling' and implanting on me ... so I was OK with this addition :>)

This is a great forum! Thank you!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration