OT-Oil

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-Oil
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike bartlett Oviedo,Fl on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 07:50 am:

Can i use shell rotella oil in my 2013 Dodge gasoline powered truck? Label on jug is aimed at diesel motors,not gas. Any harm to my motor

Thanks,Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:05 am:

Mike opinions will vary all over the place but I have been using Rotella 15 40 in everything I own from the wife's Nissan 240 to my T with no harm. My Cherokee has over 255,000 miles. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:39 am:

I use it in everything except the model T's Cheap oil is expensive!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:48 am:

Ditto to what Keith said. When I had a job (retired) part of my department included a slew of school busses, at first all gasoline, then diesel. We ran Rotella in 'em all with no issues whatsoever. Still the best oil around. And I run it in all my T's and the Model A. 10W-30.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Harris on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:12 am:

HEY Mike be care full with the oil you put in newer cars and trucks the oil needs to be the right grade and spec here in Canada they call for 5w20. the oil galleries are a lot smaller and if you use to thick oil thing will not get oil fast enough and if your truck has cylinder deactivation from 8 cyl down to 4cyl the wrong oil will not let that work proper and the engine will miss and the dealer will void your warranty. your ses lite will come on and the code will be you have not the right oil. The new cars and trucks drive you crazy any more to get the right fluids.Ross

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:27 am:

I have used different grades of diesel oil for years in all kinds of equipment, both synthetic and conventional mineral oil. In the lawn equipment I use Rotella and have done so for years. Since I don't mow the lawn or spilt wood when it's cold, there's not a problem. For the vehicles (Silverado and Escape), I use Amsoil 5W-40 synthetic diesel oil that is changed every 6 months. I've never had lubrication related problems with any of my stuff. I always figured that if oil will hold up to the pressures, contamination issues, and hammering in a diesel, it will do just fine in a gas engine.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration