1910 2 Piece Timer Rod

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1910 2 Piece Timer Rod
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Attached are pictures of my 1910 Tourabout. I installed the Kingston 5 ball carburetor, 2 piece timer with a brush and seal. I had a heck of a time making the timing rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

Rod, FYI, you can attach more than two pictures at a time to a post. When you do a preview, the extra pictures may just show up as symbols, but they will show up fine when you do the final post. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

Rod:

The timer rod for that setup should have a small ball type swivel at the end that connects to the steering column timer rod arm The end of the timer rod should should essentially just point to the arm and have a 32 TP threaded end which threaded into one half of the swivel while the stationary ball end was held to the steering column rod with a nut on the end of the ball part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

John, Do you have a picture? I searched the internet for a picture and could find nothing. It is working perfectly, but there is always room for improvement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:15 am:

Ernie Brown used to make the swivel end, he is with Henry Ford in heaven. Contact Kim Dobbins to see if he has any extras.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 12:19 am:

My original is in a box somewhere. Still can't upload pictures. The websites that forum members think are good for resizing photos want to install a toolbar and run a security scan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:44 am:

Gary post your pic on the other forum,click-click-done. no matter what size.thats what i do.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 09:13 am:

Rod:

I don't have a picture of the rod although my 1911 Touring car has the rod on it. Unfortunately it is not where I can take a picture of it for you at this time. Sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Rod, here is a picture of the timer on my 1910. Also the ball and socket end. The rod enters timer from the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

Kim,
thanks I needed that too.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration