A blue 1911 for those with deep pockets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A blue 1911 for those with deep pockets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-AACA-Sr-1st-Place-SEE-VIDEO-1911-ford-model -t-touring-aaca-sr-nat-l-1-st-spectacular-/161602352910?forcerrptr=true&hash=ite m25a040370e&item=161602352910&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

It's incomplete, no fan belt!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Very Nice is a understatement!!!! Bud.in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

It was for sale last year and there was quite a bit of discussion on the forum about it. My top bid was $55,000 and needless to say didn't end up in my garage.

I wonder what the reserve is this time?

Very nice car to say the least

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

Hi Jamie,
If you check out their web site(Charvet Classic Cars) for the 1911 T,you will find it is listed for $59,000.So your top bid was really close.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

Scott & Jamie, it was also originally listed on classic cars.com website before Charvet put it on the internet for a whopping $62K! I actually called and tried to negotiate, but no go. Charvet said the guy has more money than he needs, so no doubt in no hurry to sell it. It may be gorgeous and all that, but there's a limit to everything. And, if you drive it, then with the open valves, well, sooner or later you're gonna have a pig-pen under the hood. Too much money to just have it sit and look pretty. I'm not that rich! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roy palmer on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

I hope he gets his price. We should all hope he gets his price..Nothing wrong with elevating the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

At this point in the bidding, you'd have to have deeper pockets to buy that 1924 touring that had a $100 K restoration and was the subject of an earlier post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Tim and Roy,

I prefer to drive my cars as well and a mess would certainly ensue.

As far as values go let a willing buyer pay what they will. There is no reason for Model T's to be looked down upon as vehicles of lesser value or desirability..

Best of luck to the bidders and the seller !!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration