Timer rod

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Timer rod
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

Guys have tree rods all bent differently does this rod go over or under the water pipe and does it go into the front rad side or engine side
Also at tdc retarded spark the timer should buzz just after correct??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

What year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Depends...

See this for ideas:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/360628.html?1368118709

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:05 pm:

You should know the year of your own car! Mine all go under the water inlet pipe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:35 pm:

My understanding is that all rods go under the water pipe. The 09 10 enter the timer from the front, the rest from the rear. Can't swear this is 100% accurate, just going by the cars I own or have owned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

Early 23 motor non f my rods even come close to that pic from langs guess i will buy one and go from there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

You should check your timing. It should be 15.5 degees after TDC at full retard. I used a guage by TW which screwes into #1 spark plug hole.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration