Old photo. Forget the streetcar, I got a car.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old photo. Forget the streetcar, I got a car.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Toronto Ontario. Anyone know what make of car this is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

Shape of radiator leads me to think Stearns, that's my guess.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 02:51 am:

Sorry BCG/HM, but this time I must disagree. The car in this photo has a flat top with fairly square (45 degree approximately) corners on the radiator. These corners appear very much like several models of Buick from about 1907 through 1910. Other features (most notably the fenders) tell me that the car is likely NOT a Buick. However, Stearns adopted a very distinctive style about 1907 or '08 that was soon used by many other quality marques including Pierce Arrow and Interstate (along with dozens of others). While the Stearns was especially notable for a trim line around the front of the radiator surround (or shell, and/or tanks depending upon vintage), the primary distinctiveness was the rounded top, roughly 45 degree sides angled to a nearly sharp turn to straight down toward the frame rails.
No, it doesn't look like a Stearns to me. I could be wrong however. It could be a Buick.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 08:06 am:

the wide bottom tank on the rad should be the clue .charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration