Old photo. Keeping the dust down.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old photo. Keeping the dust down.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

Toronto Ontario. Looks like a Cadillac to me. Hopefully I'm right this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

Nope, that's a horse drawn water wagon. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

He is about to cross some train tracks. It appears those things at an angle may be crossing guards either coming down or going up. I know some of you guys are railroad historians. When did the signal arms come into being?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Ha ha, good one Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

I apologize Dave. I had to say it because I have no idea what that car is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

crossing guards a hundred years ago, and yet people still run into trains!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 10:26 pm:

I'm sure train gates were unusual then but, looking at the background and everything in that photo, I'm pretty sure those people are heading to The Canadian National Exhibition, a massive fair that has run since 1879 and still does. The crowds are enormous and uncontrolled crossings on the tracks would have been a disaster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

Looks like a scene from the old Long Beach Model T Swap Meet when it was at Hamilton Bowl c.1975.

The big difference is that the horse was replaced by a Ton Truck.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration