Difference Between Dash For 27 Coupe and Fordor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Difference Between Dash For 27 Coupe and Fordor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:45 am:

I know all 26-27 coupe and tudor dash panels are the same and all 26-27 open car dash panels are the same, but I have heard 26-27 fordor panels are different. I have a panel which has a hole cut in it for an AC speedometer (which I plan to use) but don't know which body style it came from. It appears to be the same as the one in my 27 coupe. If they are different, anyone got a decent fordor panel to sell or trade, preferably one with a hole cut nicely for a speedometer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

There are 2 holes on the bottom flange in the center of the Fordor dash for where the support for the vent handle locking bar attaches - the coupe would not have this as there was a cowl tank and no need for the support. Not sure if they interchange otherwise....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:35 pm:

PS - I need to look, but I have the panel with an AC speedo in it which was removed from my Fordor - took me years to find a replacement without as I wanted it stock. I'll go digging tonight (something other than SNOW) and get you some pictures & put a price on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 07:31 am:

I have more pictures I'll be able to post at lunchtime, but these show the squared ends and holes in the middle. I'm not sure if the coupe dash is so square on the end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

more pix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

last one, the bottom flange could be a little cleaner to clear the reset button & cable...

I'll PM you the price if you have any interest.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration