Tt cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tt cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rene leret on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 10:45 am:

hello i m french i a model tt 1925 but i have na steel cab, i have old wood and ugly design , so i want to build a real tt cab all steel, so i m sure in this forum somebody have a tt steel cab and can give to me some goosize to help me
thanks to evrybody and size of firewall because it s different of regular model t car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rene leret on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 10:51 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Rene, Look at www.modelthaven.com They may have a cab. They are in Iola, Kansas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Shipping a cab to Europe would be pretty expensive. I expect that's why Rene is asking for measurements so he can build his own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

They're very rare/unexistant over here - all TT's imported by Ford to Sweden got locally produced bodies. I suppose it was arranged similarily in most other countries?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rene leret on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 01:51 am:

yes there is no original metal cab in europ , all are made by local builders and 90% are all wood anly firewall and hood are steel, so that why i ask to evrybody, and buy a cab in usa cost around 1000 usd and rent a truck and trailer cost around 300 usd and fly ticket cost around 700 usd and local money for food and motel again 500 usd and send to france again 1000 usd so that around 3000 usd for a cab ;( that too much , i think yu understand my position ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 06:53 am:

Does the top windshield thumb knobs look different? That cab is in nice shape. The doors are very hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 07:38 am:

Rene I don't have a TT to get you any measurements, but hopefully someone will fairly soon.

Definitely take pictures and keep us up to date as you work on making the steel cab. I think that will be VERY cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Mine is a wooden cab, or I would take the measurements for you. Hopefully, someone with a later TT will chime in soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Since I suck at forum searches, possibly someone else remembers. There was a poster here who built an all steel, square cab TT including doors. I recall he built his from exact dimensions tho he took liberties with his end product. Possibly an IM from the OP to the builder could reveal required dimensions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 09:24 am:

I think it was Travis E. Towle in Kansas who built a metal truck cab several years ago, probably one of the years where most of the postings are gone (2007-2008?), since searching doesn't show much. More recently he had it for sale in the classifieds, but postings there are deleted after three months.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike kolsrud on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:04 am:

If you give me a day i will measure all this tonight and post it tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:21 am:

The one I'm remembering wasn't built by Travis. The poster had an ongoing "progress" thread. Probably 2011-12-13, I don't think much earlier. I had saved pictures because I thought it was a cool build, but now can't find them :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rene leret on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

THANKS TO EVRYBODYS TO TRY TO HELP ME, i check evrydays update to see some plan and size, this is for me and all people want to make it ;)

thanks again for the interest

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

-Rene-
I have the exact same, but a '26 stake-bed. Mine also has a 'lip' across the bottom which fits under the bed.
Measurements follow:
Picture #1
- A = 39" (inches)
- B = 4"
- C = 2 9/16" (2.562")
- D = 27" to top of cowl
Picture #2
- A = 56"
- B = 51 1/4" (51.25") but 52" following across top curve
- C = 3" to rain gutter
- D = 22"
- E = 22"
- F = 8" to top of lip
- G = 8"
- H = 35 1/4" (35.25")
Picture #3
- A = 28"
- B = 21 1/2" (21.5")
Picture #4
- A = 56"
- B = 9 3/4" (9.75")
- C = 38" (38.5" following the curve to the cowl)
- D = 38" straight; 38 3/8" (38.375" with the curve to cowl); 40 1/2" (40.5") extending over the windshield

Hoping this is what you were seeking, and is of help to you.

Marv Konrad / Green Bay, Wisconsin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rene leret on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 02:34 am:

thanks yu marvin for the time u use to take all size
gary schreiber if u find photo about travis i m will be happy ;)
roger karisson too if u find photo or info about this fmous travis i will be happy

thanks gain to evrybody

rené from france

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rene leret on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 03:51 am:

yes i find about trvis project , but its not really closed cab design by ford , its more personal project...

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/257747.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 04:04 am:

Uh, sorry, I mixed up the names. It was Thomas Travis who made the personal style closed cab I was thinking of. If going totally original style, import from a rust free US state doesn't seem all that bad for me - but I'm not very talented in sheet metal shaping. Good luck :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 06:46 am:

Rene, that was the link I was thinking of.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration