Robe rail

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Robe rail
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

I have a robe rail that I am thinking about cutting down to make a foot rest for our speedster. However, if it an old original, I do not want to destroy it. On one end it has the numbers 160977 and on the other end, 160976. Any experts that can help me with the age of this piece. It is not brass, the ends are put on with set screws,robe railaroberailb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 05:23 pm:

Yes, its 'an old original' but that's not a reason why not to re-purpose it for your use :-)

Similar to the aftermarket robe rail I put on my '27, the thing is strong steel.

Would make a good strong foot rest. Accessory foot-rests sold back then were make of steel too, with a bit of offset.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

Dena and Dennis, It is more than likly an old original. I do not remember seeing any repros that look like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

grab handle
Here is the grab handle I made from an old water manifold. This was all brass so it was easy to unsolder, replace the cracked pipe and put back together.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration