Timing gear clearance

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Timing gear clearance
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

I am reassembling the engine for my 26 roadster, it was short blocked from the shop, and I noticed that the cam gear is pretty close to the cover. I measured it at .029 from the face of the gear to the inside of the timing gear cover. Q 1. is that too close? Q 2. Do I use the timing gear cover gasket AND the gen. mount gasket both. This would double up gaskets on that surface where the two meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Q 1, No, that clearance is OK if it's still the 26 cam, ground or not, if using an earlier ground cam then a thrust kit would be needed to stop any cam float.
Q 2, no doubling up on gaskets unless the gen has no lash on the gears.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, February 16, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Great. Thanks Frank. Cant wait to get it back together.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration