Way OT Thailand enters the space race

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Way OT Thailand enters the space race
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:06 am:

You cannot fail to be impressed by this.
I particularly like the recovery system -
and it ALL worked!
http://theawesomer.com/insane-homebrew-rocket/303503/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:11 am:

That is neat! I wonder how high they got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Pretty cool! It was a lot more stable going up than I expected it to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

I like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

I imagine it was the result of the rotary motion of the thing and a not very well placed microphone, but it sure sounded like a steam engine. Makes you wonder what could be done with that type of gizmo using a NASA size budget.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Unbelievable ! I played (still do) with model rocketry and that is the coolest thing I ever saw !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 06:56 am:

A giant fireworks display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Anderson on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Yes, that was very impressive! What looked like a launch pad explosion showed the craft slowly rising out of the huge smoke cloud. Took some impressive homebrew talent to pull that off.
I'm actually now in Thailand; lots of Chinese tourists here for their New Year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

What made it rise was the the center wings...they're positioned for lift. Made one of those when I was a kid, much smaller than that one (2' diameter), but it did about the same thing, didn't go as high. The parachute is positioned in the center hub, it deploys when the damn thing falls, just like that one did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Barker, Somerset, England on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 04:08 am:

Will,
I estimate that it reached about 1300' high.
From the size of the people, it's about 20' diameter. Each turn lifts it about 1.5 diameters or 30'. Then count the turns....

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration