Foundry mark "DS"...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Foundry mark "DS"...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Markham on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 08:26 pm:

Hello, I am new here. Trying to identify a foundry that made castings for an antique amusement park train I am restoring. It seems at least possible the same foundry cast Model T parts. I found this discussion board when I saw the 2012 thread on the "DS" or "D5" casting mark here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/280564.html?1333826570

Back then, people were speculating this might have been a foundry the Dodge Bros contracted out to, as parts have surfaced with this mark on cars made well after DB were out of the picture as a supplier.

Oddly, I have a nearly identical mark on the castings for my park train, which is of unknown manufacturer. I sure would like to know what the mark means. The kicker is that my casting was likely made after 1946...but it looks so similar to that on Model T parts in the thread above. I will try posting a pic of my train part.

One other odd coincidence...some of my train castings have a part number of T 101 In the above thread, the Model T part number is T 202 Is this all just coincidence?

Thanks for any info...Rickunknown foundry mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Might be a longshot, but a Google search of "ds square foundry" revealed that there is a restaraunt in Somerville, Massachusetts called "The Foundry" on Davis Square. Maybe the building was the old "Davis Square Foundry", hence the DS mark with a square around it?

http://www.somervillema.gov/departments/ospcd/squares-and-neighborhoods/davis-sq uare

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration