Should non Model T old photos be marked "OT"?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Should non Model T old photos be marked "OT"?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Everyone or nearly everyone here loves old photos including ones that contain non Fords or even no cars at all. I recently posted a bunch and wondered if anyone thinks such photos should be marked off topic. Do these unmarked non T photos bug anyone or am I worrying too much?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Dave,

Probably best to mark them OT when they're non-T, but wouldn't bug me if you didn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:55 am:

yes!! i will look at them first.mod ts are just a job to me lol. Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

They sure don't bug me. Not everything about the way people lived in the Model T era revolved around a Model T. Those pictures are a history lesson. Keep 'em coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Life is complicated enough already. No sense making it more so. If the title says photo, that should give everybody a clue that there might be something beside a T in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:14 pm:

You worry too muck. :-)

I agree with Gilbert completely on this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:16 pm:

I love auto-correct! Make that, "You worry too much."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

Not a problem or issue. If it old car related (technical and not photo) and not Model T, mark it OT, but pictures are not a problem to me and no old car picture needs to be marked OT. If someone is that picky about what is posted on this Forum, they probably were one of the members who were concerned in the recent post about if only members could post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

It is so hard to hit the "OT" keys before the words "Old Photo". Follow the rules and quit griping, this is still the best forum.
Yes Terry, if there are no T's or TT's in any posting, it is still OT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

I make it a point to have a Model T in the Old Photos I post. If not and it's an interesting Model T era photo relating to the period I say Model T era in the title.
It is reasonable to put OT on NON Model T photos since this IS a Model T Forum after all.

Posting "OTHER" vehicle photos could easily get out of hand and water down the main theme of this Forum. IMHO:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

well put Jay! , and thanks to all for the photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

I'll be 74 in March. I don't have enough time left to worry about this kind of stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 02:42 pm:

Cabin fever causes lots of odd threads these days, I think..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

I think Jerry said it best.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Willie, I didn't know that there was anything in the Forum "rules" about posting any post (written or photo) and the need to mark a post 'OT'. If I am wrong, I learned something new today. I thought posters did it out of courtesy to other posters so they would know that the post contained non T information. I do mark my "Off Topic" posts, 'OT' if it is asking for any information that does not pertain to T's or TT's. As for photos, I don't remember posting any non T photo, but if someone does so and forgets to mark it 'OT', I don't lose any sleep over it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Ok. Pretty much the the responses I expected. I usually post T photos but came across a few nice non T ones. By the time I got to the photo with the city bus, I wondered if I went too far and crossed a line. I know people liked that photo, but some may have opened the thread and expected to see a T or TT bus and OT would have covered it. Also, as Jay said, it is possible to get out of hand and water down the forum. Me, I like all the old photos and want to see and post more. The only threads that bother me are ones with a vague title. I don't have time to read every thread. I don't read about speedsters because they don't interest me. I don't read threads about the best brass polish because my car doesn't have any brass. Anyway, I'm going to try and keep it mostly T and use OT where needed. Thanks everyone.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration