Saddle rod attachment

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Saddle rod attachment
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Can anyone tell me how the rod that the top saddle attaches to connects to the body on a 26 Roadster?
I have one that is loose and I can't see how it might be held in place. I would assume it to be connected to either the body wood or other means. Without removing the upholstery on the rear of the seat, how can I get to it?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

It is threaded into a threaded socket on a metal bracket. Try threading it back in place .If this does not work, you must remove the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

The rod screws into a metal bracket. If the bracket is loose, the upholstery needs to come off. The bracket is attached at the top trim rail and a vertical support just behind about shoulder level.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

The top prop rod is threaded into the boss of the bracket plate.

If the rod is fully tight into the boss, then the bracket plate is loose where it bolts to the sheet metal framing at the body sections.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

No one answers in almost an hour then two post at the same time. Strange. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

There is very little wood in a 26 to begin with, I'm pretty sure there is no wood in the area you're talking about either. If your saddle arm sticks out from the side of your body, it's a good bet it screws into something metal. On mine (and I'm pretty sure it's the same for you as well, even though mines a 22) there is an "S" shaped brace that runs from the upper rear tack strip to the body rails, the arms (both fender and saddle) screws into. The only way to get to it otherwise, is to remove the rear seat back upholstery. But you should be able to put a pip wrench on it and tighten it that way (it's what I'd do). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

lol, looks like yours is an abbreviated version of mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

Thanks guys.
That answers my question.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration