Old Photo - Dingy Model T Era Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Dingy Model T Era Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

Those guys look the part, but where are all the tools?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Dingy? It is one heck of a lot cleaner than my shop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 09:21 pm:

not fords don't need no stinken tools,just parking them there lol. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

The guy leaning on the bench looks like Ward Cleaver you know Beaver's dad. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Man, they were squeezing the efficiency out of those two stoves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

They have a hoist and a bucket. What more do you need?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

check out the chimney on those stoves!! i know coal must be different than wood, but how could it draft?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 02:51 am:

Now that's a real man cave (emphasis on the "cave" part), complete with dripping water from the ceiling and "grease monkey's". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:55 am:

Dang you James R/Ohio! Now every time I check back here I see Hugh Beaumont! I expect to soon see Whitey and the Beav, next Wally will wander in followed by Eddie Haskell. No, I didn't have to look any of that up.

Rather unusual for that time. Two of those small to mid-size cars have wire wheels on them. While wire wheels had been used on automobiles from the very beginning, they were not generally used in large numbers on American cars until the late '20s through about 1933. Except for the mid to late '10s touring (with wood wheels), these cars appear to be early to mid '20s.

Thank you Jay, and all, including James R (I was just kidding you).
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 05:15 am:

Could it be Texas 1917-22 license plates on the two cars with wire wheels?

plate

(Maybe the tools were placed on a long work bench by a wall with windows, to the left?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 08:47 am:

That looks like wooden planked floor...if it is with all the oil spills and probably even some gasoline, I sure hope they don't drop a cigarette on it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration