Where to buy a tack strip for 15-21 touring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Where to buy a tack strip for 15-21 touring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:30 am:

All the tack strips that the suppliers sell are 21 or later, where can I get wood tack strips for the earlier body style? I don't want to make them. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:35 am:

Jon Anderson makes them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 01:41 am:

And here's contact information: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/29/45068.html?1200057362

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 02:44 am:

You can also get them from Ford Wood in Utah, check their website at http://www.fordwood.com/ their workmanship was first rate, that's where I got mine for my 22. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:09 am:

I haven't used it myself, but several folks here have recommended the hard rubber material which Lang's sells. They say it's easy to work with and holds tacks well. It's also way less money than the wood ones, being $1.25/lin. ft.

www.modeltford.com/item/TACKSTRIP.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:13 am:

I made the tack strips for my '26 out of a piece of dimensional PVC "lumber" from Home Depot. Easy to cut, even with a handsaw, extremely easy to bend and holds tacks very well. Cheap too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:15 am:

It's much easier to reach Jon at his cell number:
716-499-7255

He has no computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

I used the rubber material with no problems. You need a heat gun to warm it up for curving and bending. Holds screws and nails just fine It does not show and won't rot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

I think I'm going to try that first. How many feet did you buy?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration