Running board cans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Running board cans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Burns on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:17 pm:

I have these cans, just wanted more information on them and to know what they are worth.

Imgur album link
http://imgur.com/gmyx5si,fo8ZaaS,bexn1gL,zG3QvMg,RFncpEA,SO38ckH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

20-30 each depending on condition at swapmeets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

Cool! I wish I had more running board to have some of these types of accessories. My TT running boards leave no room for anything. How were these secured to the running board?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

Ed is probably right, BUT if you're looking to sell them put them on eBay and they'll bring more than that. Maybe a lot more. A set of new ones (with carrier) smaller than yours are priced at $235.}}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

Good call Steve. These things are the perfect size for ebay as they won't cost a crazy amount to ship, so buyers will be more apt to bid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

I haven't done it, but I suspect you can fasten the carrier to the running board with longer running board bolts. I'm currently working on hardware for mounting a tool box. I'm trying to make it removable but lockable so I can easily move it from car to car but make sure it stays put. Eventually I want to do the same with a can set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Burns on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 03:59 pm:

I've done a little research and I found a few articles about how they were held on the boards. I've noticed the reproductions on eBay and other forums, but I have never found a priced out original set.

http://imgur.com/udGjfkL,1eUVcZN,PdHu495

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Here is a set with bracket for running board, sold for $400. Repro cans with brackets sell about $300 or so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boyco-Set-of-3-Running-Board-Cans-Model-T-Ford-1917-1919 -1920-/231407044723?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e0ef4873&v xp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 05:30 am:

I was at the big swap yesterday and picked up several cans at 20 bucks each, passed on others at at 40 or 50 each.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration