OT - Summer is coming .... I promise ..... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Summer is coming .... I promise ..... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

On the COLDEST DAY for a lot of us ....

Remember that in a few months we will actually be complaining about how HOT it is .... :-)

Hang in there folks - particularly if you live in the Northeast ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

The older I get the colder the cold is. Longer too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

31 below when I got to work this morning, takes all the fun out of erecting steel buildings. Going to be 25 above tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Yeah well, I spent most of the day chipping the dogs off the fire hydrants..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

It was about 25 when I came home today. Still drove the T though a little bit.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

ot Stephen: I was living in Mansfield, Mo from 1945 to 1953.When we arrived in Mansfield I think it was Dec 24, 1945, and in the following January I turned 12 and was there till 1953, when the Army was about to ask me for my services, and spent a time at Leonard Wood for basic. Then the east coast and Germany for 28 months.
My reason for the is email is have you ever been to the Wilder Museum? We used to drive boy there on the way to town, but did not mean a thing till the program Little house came on. In the years we lived there I never saw or met either one of the Wilders, but I remember hearing the name many times. He died in1947 or 28 and she lived another 12 or 13 more years.
Just curious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Bill,you were in Germany about the same time my dad was.
I am SICK of this cold!.
It is making me lazy to.I am stuck in the shop because it is to cold out.That recliner by the wood stove just beckons me and sometimes it wins!I will be glad to see spring!
Then the raised bed and cold frame I built can be used instead of looked at.I built them in december and january.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

The globe has tilted! We usually have the coldest days of the year in January and February. We haven't had any heat on for at least 4 weeks. We also haven't had measurable rain even though this is called the "rainy season". I was out mapping a route for a tour today, and it was about 75 degrees. Everything is about as dry as it usually is in late summer or fall. It's kind of scary. We are in a severe drought. The weather is great, but the side effects will be devastating. I wish we could share in some of the cold and you get some of the heat. But unfortunately, even though some say that man is interfering with the climate, I don't believe them. If man could make it colder or warmer, why doesn't he?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

It was 57 degrees here in Denver when I got home at 6 pm but the weatherman says that we are going to get 12 to 14 inches of snow over the weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Norm -- All you need to do is to figure out how to get all that "excess" snow from New England to the California mountaintops so it can melt this summer and water everything. Let us know what you come up with. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Norm and Paul,that's the saddest stories I ever heard...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

Can we forget about the Keystone pipeline and build one from snow heaven to burning up and dry California. I envy all of you as I would pay for snow. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 01:04 am:

How is that No Climate Changey thing working out for ya'?

80% of the water used in Calif is for Ag. The majority of fruits, nuts and vegetables for the US are grown in Calif.

The Pentagon sees climate change as a force multiplier. Part of the unrest resulting in the Arab Spring was the shortage of wheat that year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brendan Hoban on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 04:13 am:

Here in Australia it was 90 degrees and sunny.

I went for a ride in the 22 Touring with the top down.

I realised why I love T's, it ran beautifully, reliably and quietly, people smiled and children pointed, I gave the kids (can you call them "blurbs" of the bulb horn) and they laughed.

I might drive out tomorrow, it will be 98 degrees, sunny and no wind.

I must remember my hat!\

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 05:52 am:

2:30 AM here 49 degrees light rain yesterday more tomorrow. I usually start the wood stove but did not yesterday so the gas furnace is kicking on and off keeping me awake.
My brides Friday so we had dinner out, we were given two limits of razor clams dug in ten minuets. There is no taste like fresh razor clams for dinner tonight!
Folks with the nasty weather I feel for you!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 06:26 am:

-38 here in Grayling Michigan this morning. I just went out to top off the wood boiler. I had to breathe real slowly, it freezes your throat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 06:29 am:

It's currently -26* in Rock Creek, Ohio.

I spent all day yesterday under a broken down backhoe in -14* weather. The day started out with my pick up truck that wouldn't start so I walked the 1/2 mile to the shop to start the backhoe so I could move snow. It fired up and I got about a mile from home when it froze up and quit. Walked back to the shop and worked on my truck so I could get tools and equipment to the backhoe. Gave up on the backhoe and went a put a new battery in the truck. Finished up at 5:00 pm and decide it's time to get in out of the cold. Got home and the house drain lines are frozen! The backhoe is still out there and I will make another attempt to repair it today.

Have a nice day :-)

p.s. I almost got run over twice by the same guy who didn't slow down on the narrow road as he went flying past me. I did dodge two other cars. I love the people who roll down there window and ask if your having trouble and then just drive on.

Some day I'll reply "No I thought this was a good place to stop and have lunch"

So how was your day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 06:38 am:

Well, I don't have it as rough as some of you gents talking about negative double digits, but, -3*F here in eastern North Carolina is RIDICULOUS. As in record low kind of ridiculous.

I'm sure I sound like a weenie in comparison but I'm a thin-blooded Southern boy. I was built to take the heat and not mind 90% humidity when it's 90*F outside. This cold stuff is for the birds. Once football season is over I'm ready for it to be summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 06:40 am:

Dennis, your story reminds me of Dad's day back in 1967. His shop was two miles from our house and we had over two feet of snow one night. He started out at 8 am with his CJ3B with a plow. He made it to the road in front of the shop, and was taking off one wheel at a time, carrying them into the building to put chains on them. He looked at the clock and it was 2:00. He said he wished he had spent that time at the house with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 07:00 am:

Its a proven fact that in every three to five hundred years a tsunami hits the Oregon coast probably starting with an 8 or 9 earth quake and possible 38 foot wall of water moving in. We are at three hundred fifty years from the last one.

The fault line is a hundred miles off the coast but the water moves at four hundred MPH so I will have about fifteen minuets to get to high ground IF any of the escape roads are useable.

Guess we all have issues with mother nature!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 08:17 am:

All I can say is that Im freaking tired of winter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:25 am:

Let’s face it. Disney made all of us aware of Queen Elsa and how reckless she can be both when she gets angry and when she gets distracted.

Somebody has undoubtedly really ticked her off this time!

Get a hall pass from the wife…
Get the T out…
Go for a ride and be on the lookout for a blonde with big blue eyes… wearing probably a blue evening gown…

Offer her a ride, do NOT offer her a hand getting in…and before she gets a chance to burst into ‘Let it go!’ counter by singing the first stanza of an old Jackson 5 song…

You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back

Where there is love, I'll be there

Then when she philosophically questions what ‘love’ really means you can explain it is a feeling that you have for the Model T and that everyone gets it if they ride in a T enough. So then keep driving and when the temperature goes up, and the glaze on the ground goes away, you will know that Elsa finally, finally understands…

You can then call 1-800-DISNEY and they will come and get her…

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:40 am:

At -21 this morning i would be ready to call 1-800-Disney expect when it's cold there there is no place to get away from it!!!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:41 am:

Hahaha George, I did see where a police department in Kentucky issued a warrant for Elsa's arrest (on their facebook page). Lol, thought that was a pretty fun way to make light of the freezing cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:58 am:

My family fled Wisconsin about 1867 because of the winters. Here near the geographical center of the lower 48 winter is comparatively tame, with highs normally above freezing. But by this time of year I'm ready for it to be OVER. Twenty-nine days to Chickasha, and thirty days to spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

At 6:55 this morning, bout mile down river from us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

We had a heat wave today. +29!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

I don't know how cold it got last night (I am between Ken -21 and Ed -40). Came home today to a frozen and broken water line. It split in the kitchen wall and water all over there, leaked and sprayed all over the basement. Shut off the main line and called cousin the plumber. He had a guy working close by and was here in 20 minutes. Truck went in for repair today also...with all this good luck I bought a lottery ticket!

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Thanks Jim, its always nice to hear a little optimism in these cold dark days. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv4SUNNRTjQ

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration