12 volt starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 12 volt starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:26 am:

I do not want to start a discussion on 6 volt over 12 volt. My question is:
; "Is there a supplier that sells a 12 volt starter?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Macs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:42 am:

thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:44 am:

Becker? https://www.facebook.com/ModelTfordModelAford

Birdhaven? (866) 302-3673

If they don't have it maybe they can direct you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:46 am:

Maybe someone else can chime in for different vendor qualities. I bought a rebuilt 6 volt from Ron Patterson so I have no idea about the 12 volt ones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Derocher on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Becker antique auto electric in Norwalk Ohio has them for $ 165.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:27 am:

The six volt starter has two sets of parallel windings and when they are converted to 12 volts they are connected in series.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Dennis, I just got one from Becker and although I haven't used it yet, I think it was way cheaper than Mac's, looks to be excellent quality and their service was great. I think I waited a couple of weeks, but hey, the T won't even wake up for another few months!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX. on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Dena Dennis....I converted all 4 of my T to 12v years ago. Where what I did. Changed to 12v "da" added a bendix spring to the starter post to act as a dropping resistor, and changed to 12v light bulbs. Years later, all is well. Hope this helps not that this is what you need to do but in my case......Jerry.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration