25 Coupe Interior

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 25 Coupe Interior
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

Greetings again. Could someone out there help me with an interior problem I am having. I would like to see a drawing on how the fabric / windlace attaches to the post area of the coupe between the door and the windshield. I imagine all closed cars would be typical. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 01:29 am:

Thanks...I'll design my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:20 am:

Here are some pic's of the '27 Fordor which has wood pillars. The '26 coupe had steel pillars and was a whole different beast for putting the windlace on. Sorry not the best pictures but its all I have. The Coupe had all steel and the windlace was held mainly from the metal trim pieces. I used a quick dry adhesive to hold it in place and then put the inside trim over it. The Fordor pillars were wood and the windlace got stapled to it. I do recall having to trim the windlace flap a bit to eliminate too much material behind the metal trim pieces. Hope this helps its not a easy thing to try to explain. Sorry but I don't have any better pictures to offer you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:27 am:

Robert, it might help if you posted pictures of the work area. I've only done improved cars and I'm guessing at what you have there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:40 am:

This is the Fordor, but it shows the windlace a bit better. The dash needs to be pulled out in order to tuck the windlace in. The steel windshield trim and the lower kick panel covers the rest. The above header trim where the rear view mirror is mounted covers the windlace up to the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:51 am:

Too add to this, the sequence for installing would likely pertain to your car. So, loosen the dash if its installed, tuck the windlace in and tighten the dash. Next install the side windshield trim pieces (trim the windlace excess). Glue the windlace up to the headliner with the flap on the header side, then you can install the header cover. Then glue or staple the windlace down to the floorboards and install the underdash panel. Hope this is what you need.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration