OT? - Escrow recommendations

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT? - Escrow recommendations
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Buying a car across country. Does anyone have an recommendations for a good escrow service?

Edmunds suggests Escrow.com but I'm sure they get paid to suggest it. Want to have multiple options to investigates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

This doesn't really answer your question... but make sure you exhaust your options as far as your family/business friendships. They are far more likely to go the extra mile for you. Where is the car located if you dont mind me asking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:56 pm:

I have yet to find a County Court in the US that does not have a phone number for a lawyer referral service, and most of them are free. Any lawyer who maintains a trust account for real estate closings should be able to provide the service you need for a reasonable fee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Car is in Texas. I'm in Illinois

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

Bob If you use a bank that is national in scope---could the Texas branch handle the escrow for you???

Bill Harris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

My bank isn't national. But I just decided to use escrow.com

I checked with a lawyer I know and, while they can do escrow, they can only do it in-state. There are more regulations to be able to do it across state lines.

No biggie. Just have to fork over some more dough to make it happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

whats wrong with cash? i buy things out of state often, i will send a small deposit to seal the deal, and bring a pile of hundreds when i pick it up. every one likes cash!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Solak on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:11 am:

In this case, I'm having the car shipped for me. I won't be on site. Otherwise I would indeed have used cash.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration