Need detail images of carb mixture rod in 25 Fordor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Need detail images of carb mixture rod in 25 Fordor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

I am helping a friend with his "new" 25 Fordor. It had a modern carb so we rebuilt a nice NH to put on it. I see where the adjustment rod passes through the steel firewall via an oblong slot. Does it just bounce around there or was there a fitting to stabilize it and seal the hole a bit?

Would love a few photos of this detail please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 07:35 pm:

It just vibrates along.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

I think there was a rubber grommet in the dash hole though. It helped to reduce the transmitted rattle. :-)

I found the remints of one (a rubber washer) on the rod for my 25 Touring and couldn't figure out what it was for until seeing a grommet listed in one of the catalogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Langs sells a piece of tubing about 1/4" long that goes under the knob. Be sure to get the correct adjusting rod, there are about 8 different lengths!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:43 am:

There are some photo's in another post that look like the setup in my 24 Fordor.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/520081.html?1424530210

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

I have an early 26 Fordor and the hole in my dash is barely bigger than the rod. I have a grommet in the firewall I put in to try to hush it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Wheeler on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

I have a 25 tt and have made a brass rod with a a notch for each setting that works for my truck, stops the rattle from the fire wall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 01:15 pm:

Dan, good idea. The slotted hole on this car is lower, on the firewall, not on the dash next to the choke pull. Next to the coilbox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

Erich, sent you a PM

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration