Pictures of carb mixture rod in Low steel firewall.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Pictures of carb mixture rod in Low steel firewall.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:13 am:

I was wondering if anyone had pics of the carb mixture rod in a '23 low steel firewall car. Having trouble for some reason with mine and it binds up when turning, but I don't see where else it would go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:50 am:

For the '23, it should just be the 'fork' prongs going thru the 2 holes of the mixture screw, and a cotter in one of them once done.

If your arrangement matches the pic...try pulling up on the rod while turning and if it stops binding...tape the rod up so the corner does not bite into the mixture screw top, and flair open the forks a bit down below so that the radiuses (radii??) of the corners are not 'stuck' on the needle top hole. Un-tape and should be good to go..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 08:15 am:

Chad , here are some pictures of the mix rod in a low 23 fire wall.
Toon
1987R
1988R
1989R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 08:20 am:

George, it seems as if the rod needs to go higher on the firewall, or stand up higher if you will, but no hole is there to do so. Kind of baffling to me. And that is exactly what is happening, the fork prongs are digging into the needle shaft.

I think on mine, the mixture rod actually sits closer to the rear nut of the hold down, not nicely between the two hold downs like your picture shows. Of course the harness on yours is blocking my view of where it is going in the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Here's mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 09:48 am:

Steve, I see that some cretin did the same thing to your data plate that was done to mine, just painted over it with the rest of the body. I ended up replacing mine with a reproduction and new rivets, but I wonder if there is a way to wipe off the paint without harming the printing on the data plate underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Chad

If the forked rod going through the mixture screw on the carb is binding, check and see if the end of the forks are hitting the carb body. That was the source of my "binding". If so, cutting a small section off the end of the forks (~ 1/4" or so) will stop the binding. No problems since I did that.

Good luck

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration