A new game who can guess what this is

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A new game who can guess what this is
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:27 am:

If you have antique auto related items or accessory's this could be fun
List the picture then see who comes up with the correct answer
I will start with this one
Face a lite
Let us see the winner, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Curb feeler?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Planter's Cashews

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:51 am:

"Face-A-Lite" Sun Visor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Looks like we might have a winner, your turn, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

You need to post something without a name on it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 12:11 pm:

Will do, We might know what this is but what does it fit
This might be a hard one, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 12:40 pm:

Looks like some part of a carburetor, possible float bowl.

Happy motoring,

Warren

PS: if correct, what manufacturer & what automobile used this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

It's a float bowl for a KD Type B carburetor for a Maxwell 1915-21. KD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Thank you Howard.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Maxwell 1915 - More Automobile than You ever hoped for at $695

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

Here's a go at this game, This is for my good friend Ken Leblanc.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

A cutout

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Sorry James, that's not correct.

Happy Motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

It is one of those combination exhaust and intake manifolds. I don't recognise the brand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 05:01 pm:

Is it a heat riser for a 1930's Buick?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I agree with Howard. Heat riser,....but I sure don't know what make, model or year vehicle it's for! I'd guess something in the '50's or so,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Bill is getting very close. Sorry Howard & Harold both very good guesses but not correct. I'll add another photo to help everyone out.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

This from down under,offered by Duncan and Fraser for use with another add on.throttle hookup

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Foot feed bell crank ? Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:04 am:

It looks like it will be a long and cold winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 06:36 pm:

OK here is my unique part ...

nut 1

nut 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

Ok, now we're bordering on the ridiculous. If you can show a nut, I can show this. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

Donnie, is that a spindle locking nut?

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Howard. You got it. I have never seen another like it. It may be a common item, but Ive only seen this one. It works very well and does away with the cotter key. There was only the one on the car I found it on. Here is another pic of it and a standard spindle nut.

nut 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Hi Warren,

Below is an ad for the Holley Vapor Manifold, which closely resembles your item. I must apologize for the crummy picture. The ad reads that included with the intake manifold is the exhaust manifold and necessary connections. The special exhaust manifold has a extension which mates with the opening in the top of the intake manifold in your picture.

"Another one of those combination intake and exhaust manifolds." Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 11:41 pm:

Donnie Brown,
Here is a new one. You are just missing the key.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 05:22 am:

Ken Kopski Due to the filament in it I guess it's a light bulb
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 06:17 am:

Dang me Bob,you got it in one! I thought I had a tough one.t

Here is the throttle closed.

o

Here the foot feed is open.

d

When the hand throttle is used, it overrides the foot feed,allowing it to be used as standard. It works like a cruise control.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 07:27 am:

Congratulations Bill Harper you have the correct answer and have won a second helping of treats at Monday's meeting of the Central New Hampshire Model T Club, see you there.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaX9Is40y4k

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Gene - You're right that it is a light bulb but where/what does it go to on the Model T accessory? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Everready oil system. The bulb that goes in the milk glass warning lamp.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration