All Black Cars the latest fashion statement - Henry would be proud

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: All Black Cars the latest fashion statement - Henry would be proud
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David C Jahnke on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

Have you noticed that the latest trend is for all black cars/trucks, with black grilles, wheels, etc. So my 1918 Model T is now in step with the new generation!!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/02/20/chevrolet-silverado-work-tru ck-blackout-special/23745899/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Spies - Ft. Walton Bch,FL on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

And you've also got the latest craze of 23 inch rims.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Black is sexy!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

All black looks lame on modern cars in my opinion. Add to the fact everyone wants in on the latest trend and tries to make theirs that way is even worse.

There are certain cars that the owners have pulled it off with the "right" black out look. But from the factory, the winner is obviously the Model T, if you want to stretch that trend thing back 95 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

In the writeup: "Henry Ford's 1909 comment about the Model T" -- the comment about any color the customer wants as long as it's black. I don't know whether Henry actually said it or not, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say it in '09.

I guess my '21 is quite up-to-date then, being all black, with black tires and wheels, and a black steering wheel, "just like Henry made them." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

I'm too old and practical to be swayed by "modern trends". About 20 years ago we purchased a really great car. It was a 2 year old lease return. It was a wonderful car and we loved it.

It was black. Never again! We live in the California Central Valley. Summer temperatures are typically in the upper 90's and frequently spike up into the 100's, often for several days at a time. That dang car would get so hot when parked you couldn't touch the steering wheel when you got into it.

Our current modern cars are a white one and a light blue one. You'd be amazed at the difference. I've learned my lesson. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

I'm going with 1914, as that is when he supposedly "motorized" the assembly line, and the paint wouldn't dry fast enough for the moving assembly. JAPAN lacquer (black) did the job,
hence, Henry's quote. Skolzie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 11:57 pm:

I insist on black cars. When I ordered my '14 Ford F150, I did in fact tell the dealer they could sell me any colour they want as long as it's black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Linsenbarth on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Nothing like going to a car show and every car there is a shade of black, the range of different colors of black is staggering. Shouldn't there be a standard code for Model T black at these shows?
Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JohnH on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Modern black car = oven in summer. For everyone who has to share the road with them, black cars are a pain to see at night or in adverse weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

JohnH, No different than a white vehicle in winter time---as I am finding out for the first time with my white truck I bought earlier this year.

And the snow don't melt off it as fast either--one of the reasons I miss my dark green truck. But it is way cooler in the summer.

Charles, It is amazing the many colors of black---heck, any color for that matter. When I was heavy into Chrysler muscle cars and you see a sea of resto's in a line (like 70-74 Challengers for instance) and not one of them is the same color, it's pretty funny to sit back and chuckle at.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration