Photo - Late for school???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Photo - Late for school???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Looks like SOMEBODY is late for school.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

Say Joe, is that your '15 in front of school and are you late for school. Is that school somewhere in the UP. How the weather there? Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

About forty years late may be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

This is quite nice. Maybe 60 years too late?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Hard to say how late........ All I really know is that I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short.......

Mike, that's an old country school house just west of Stephenson. The poor T is awaiting a new crankshaft, (number 4 to be exact) but I think I've finally solved the cause. Of course, I've gone bankrupt in the meantime!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

Joe - Don't keep us in suspense! Fourth crankshaft? What's the cause?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:01 pm:

Ahhhh Harold..... It's been a "journey" for sure. Got this T in '92 and number 1 was due to a worn out bushing (homemade out of aluminum) from "fourth main" modern bearing to the tail shaft. Number 2 was due to bent pan. ("fourth main" not lining up.) Number 3 was because of the same pan. Even though the pan was finally straightened, I must have had three thousand miles on number 3 which I believe started a crack which eventually caused that crank to "go south." I believe number 4 was due to the pan ears having to be forced using a small prybar to line up the top mounting bolts. Something like that I've been told is quite enough to put another undue stress into even a straightened pan. Well, anyone who trusts a 100 year old frame to be right on ought to rethink things. My problem is I'm stupid, and these things didn't wave any red flags to me at the time. Did I say I was stupid?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

What a cool picture Joe. Nice car. I hope someone takes care of that fantastic building too, rather than let it go to pot. We have some friends down here who are "summer Yoopers" up in the Keweenaw, near Houghton. Beautiful area there for T-touring. Hope to get mine up there some summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Joe, don't be so hard on yourself. If that's your only problem, you'll be fine. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Joe - WOW! Thanks for the broken crankshaft info! Causes me to think back about how much trouble I had with those pan ear mounting bolts when I re-installed my rebuilt engine! I guess they lined up alright, I just had a hard time getting wrenches on bolt head and nut, and not enough hands! By the way, when you mentioned you were on your 4th crankshaft, I immediately wondered if you had an auxiliary transmission that was not fully supported. I believe that Paul Vitko's tests proved that to be an additional broken crankshaft factor,....thanx for the info,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

I went to K-1st grade in a one room school. Dad moved us into town because those school's were being closed. 1959-1960 I think. I like that picture Joe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 12:11 am:

I had it pretty nice at our country school. We had 4 classrooms and it went to the 8th grade. The classrooms were always shared with another grade. When I was in the first grade I would listen to the 2nd grades lessons. 3rd and 4th were together as were 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th. At the beginning of the 9th grade you rode the school bus into town to the high school. The school had inside toilets, a kitchen and the gymnasium doubled as the cafeteria. It also had a very small library and a very small principles office that always seemed to have room for me at least once every day. It was heated with a coal fired boiler and had the old style radiators throughoutWe had one full time janitor name Gus Quackelberg that was mean as a snake unless he liked you. I was on good terms with him and use to get all the balls that mysteriously found their way up onto the roof. I remember the boys bathroom had urinals in it that went all the way to the floor and were about a foot taller than a 1st grade kid. It was very intimidating having to stand right up to the edge of that huge porcelain cavern while hanging onto your stuff with one hand and that cold porcelain with the other hand to keep from falling in.

There were 4 teachers at the school with the one doubling up as the principal. It was 6 miles from my house to the school on very narrow dirt roads and our school bus that 1st year I went there was a brand new 1955 Chevy panel truck with enough room to carry 8 kids to school. There were always a couple older kids that got on the big orange school bus that took them 15 miles into town to the high school.

As I get older I find I can't remember why I got out of the chair and went into the kitchen just a minute ago but I can tell you the names of all the teachers and several of the kids I went to school with nearly 60 years ago.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration