The addictive nature of a PC and this forum.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The addictive nature of a PC and this forum.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

My bride and I decided this morning to allow an hour in the morning checking mail, wake up games and weather.

The PC will stay off until her wind down after work checking mail and other posting of interest.

There is to much negative going on now to keep on top of the news true or not.

I like the Gene French sign off! always an optimist!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Addictive?
If I have to get up in the middle of the night to answer nature's call, I just check my email and this forum while I'm up.
Is there a problem???
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Paul, your approach to block out a time to limit the time spent on potentially addictive tasks is a classic time management strategy:

http://www.wiu.edu/advising/docs/Time_Management_Strategies.pdf

Good job! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

I have no problem with PC addiction whatsoever. I use a new Tablet, which I like better! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

I AM NOT addicted to my PC or the internet.
I repeat -- I AN NOT ADDICTED TO MY PC OR THE INTERNET!!!

In fact I can go at least a whole hour without checking my email, looking at this web site, or doing a web search.

But I have to admit that the first thing I do when the plane lands is check my 3 email accounts and voice mail.

Also have to admit that I tried to do a web search with my iPad for an answer to a question when I was in the air yesterday before I remembered that it was not connected.
I seriously considered spending a bit of money to connect while flying before I reminded myself that I am cheep.

But I did learn that the GPS function in my iPad works while flying because I could track the plane's position with Google maps.
Now I can identify the lake, mountain, city that I see out the window on a clear day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

David, there isn't a problem until you get up in the middle of the night to check your e-mail and this forum, then answer nature's call while you're up anyway.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

Sounds like it's time for an "intervention"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

Henry - I also have no problem with a PC addiction whatsoever! (....that's because I have a MAC). Also, I have a whole bottle of those "tablets" with most of them still left in the bottle as they didn't help at all! ; >)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Dick,
I didn't state in what order I did those things!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:07 am:

After one day in a row of the optimist attitude yanking off the stud tires on my car yesterday there is frost on the road this morning! No snow though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Of course you could answer Nature's call AND check your e-mail at the same time if you just sat down...........

LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:21 am:

I can't wait till they get the glasses with the computer screen on the inside of the lens perfected. :-) :-) That should "cure" the problem of needing to sit at a computer or carry one with you... Just think of all the work we could get done. Our hands will be free, and with the instructions (from the forum question we just asked) on the eyeglass screen. We do not even have to print out the instructions ... :-) :-) By the way, the glasses are becoming a real thing, they are already in a pre production test. I think they are still working on the "voice activated" keyboard or something. Now we will have people sitting next to us at the "movies" talking to themselves, :-(:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:34 am:

At one time I guess I was considered to be an enabler........ I used to work for AOL B$ they outsourced my job to India. Didn't realize it until about 3 weeks later when my wife pointed it out to me that I wasn't getting up at 3:00 in the morning to work on a problem that was bugging me! One thing for sure the money was good for a time:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:55 am:

After I make the coffee in the morning, I head straight for the computer, and the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Wonder if anyone gave up the forum for Lent?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 12:44 pm:

Hal,

If they did, how could they tell you? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 03:16 pm:

Lent...that's what you do when your buddy needs a T tool...right? or is it the stuff on the tool because its been on the shelf too long...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

I just got a pop up message that said "you have reached the end of the internet. There's nowhere left to go". Now what do I do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 01:02 am:

I gave up dieting for Lent. . . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:38 am:

On my second day of optimist attitude I mowed the lawn. Mower fired up easy after nearly six month's of sleep and the car looks better with hub caps back on. Bride is happy!

She is cheating a little with our agreement of the PC use after work!

If the optimist attitude can be kept through the weekend my strong desire to put a pen where it does not shine should go away!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:34 am:

A laptop or a tablet is a much better way to go rather then being chained to a desktop machine.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:54 am:

The phones do every thing now but my bride comes home dog ass tired with the younger folk claiming they have to have a phone for time. When you turn your back apparently they are checking the time again and again all day. Herd a tribe of them around and then wonder why it takes all day for a half day of production.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration