Allen Electric Generator Tester Wiring Diagram

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Allen Electric Generator Tester Wiring Diagram
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

This is a Allen Electric generator spin tester.
If you are trying to repair or restoring one here is a electrical wiring diagram I prepared for a a friend who is restoring one. His is a very early unit and only differs per Note 1 from the later unit shown above.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

I have a separate line-voltage test lamp on the test bench but rarely use it. Scares me just thinking about it. :-) It's easy to get a jolt if you're not careful with the leads. Probably why it was dropped from later models. My growler has a low-voltage test lamp powered by a small transformer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

The line voltage test lamp was part of both early and later versions.
Only the shorting tab that allowed you to use?? the light for working on the generator was deleted in the later version. Apparently they quickly learned the 25 Watt bulb was useless for a work light?
Ron the Coilman

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration