Can any one identify these parts i dug up with 1919 keys?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Can any one identify these parts i dug up with 1919 keys?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor A. Holmstedt on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 06:58 am:

I found these with my metal detector out in my yard and have no idea what part of the auto they might go to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 07:15 am:

Points for the coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 07:20 am:

The three parts with three holes are vibrator points for Model T ignition coils. They wear out and has to be replaced regularly, no monetary value.
The keys are '19-'27 Model T. They can be used if you have the same number on the tumbler and some collect them, so there is some value, though not so high. Here are a few recent auctions:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-A-Ford-No-74-Brass-Ignition-Key-Pebbled-Surface- /351241078865
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-key-B-69-original-key-/221660132222
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-A-Ford-No-52-Brass-Ignition-Key-/400816125496

Ford used the numbers 51-74 if you want to collect them all :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 08:21 am:

The keys sell new for about $7 - $8.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:01 am:

The keys look like they're from two different cars. Keep looking! :-)

The image below shows the position of the contact points on an ignition coil. There were four coils used in each car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Look for the rest of the car:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:16 am:

I forgot to mention; the stippling background on the keys would indicate they were used in late-22 to 27 model years.

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/I-O.htm#ik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:00 am:

Tim, you beat ne to that answer, "Look for the rest of the car"
With those parts, there must have been a car nearby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor A. Holmstedt on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Thank you all for the info. I have no attachment to the keys and if any of you Ford Folks can use them I will give them away.#60 #52 #52 #60, two #52 "T" keys My E mail is LYF2DAY@GMAIL.COM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor A. Holmstedt on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

The keys have a new home in Minnesota. Thanks ya'll!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Classy gift. Someone owes you thanks for the keys and my guess is you got it!

I have a complete set but seem to keep giving my spares away... Sheesh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

i'm the lucky winner! sometimes it pays to be dilly dallying on the computer in mid day when i should be doing something with my life !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 02:05 pm:

Trevor,
That was nice!!!!
Big of you to do.
Happy returns!
A favor done w/o a return is soon given when needed I have found in life.
Joe in Mo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Trevor's profile says he's in Omaha, Nebraska. Someone should give this guy a Model T ride!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration