Ford Chalkboard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford Chalkboard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:25 am:

It was suggested that I give this its own thread (was buried in the Doodlebug one):

So, my son saw me writing down the oil changes for my fleet on the walls and beams of my garage. It is a tradition carried over from my Dad (who worked in the same garage) and recorded his oil changes in the same manner. My son thought he could do something better and made me the following out of an old chalkboard. He framed it in pine and burned the logos into the frame. The logos were then painted in gold leaf and the entire board was "aged" to give it a suitable patina. He did an incredible job and it looks like it was rescued from a long-abandoned old Ford agency. It is easily one of the nicest gifts I have ever received and I cannot wait to hang it in my garage. Too cold out there now, so I have it in my basement where I can look at it. Damned thing is so beautiful I cannot take my eyes off it:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Ron,
Great idea. Would you like my shipping address?

:-)

Very nice, and a gift to be proud of, enjoy.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:31 am:

that is just awesome gift from your son maybe you posting this will wake up some people that we only have on dad and only live once repost when to thaw out and hang in your shop one proud papa mr ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Very nice! Your son did a great job on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 09:55 am:

That is superb! What a great gift and a great son. I wouldn't let either one get away. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:15 am:

WOW!!! How neat to have such a great gift AND a great son......... Lucky man for sure!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Ron, very nice ... It looks like it will "belong" with the doodlebugs.. Great gift..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Way too cool. He could market those!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration