OT Another "What kind of car is this?"old photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Another "What kind of car is this?"old photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

I volunteer in a local museum and came across this photo today. Do any of you experts know what kind of car it is?
Here is the clearest enlargement of the radiator I could get.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Maxwell. 2-cylinder, circa 1907. Someone else will be able to tell you the year and model for sure. Neat photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

its a 09 maxwell jr. i have one. the jr was made cheaper just to be able to compete against the model t. so, you got no headlights, elephant ear fenders, no running boards (buggy step instead), no top or windshield. its basically a stripped down model A maxwell. many were sold, and many survive, but most have been fancied up to look like the model A, and not the simple car it started out as. i just looked for a photo, and i cant believe i dont have one! computer died 3 years ago, and i guess they all went away ! did the 11 and 12 new london to new brighton run with it . what fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

Thanks for the clarification, Clayton. It's funny, the fenders (along with the bale-handled side lights) were what led me to believe it was a little earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

its a great photo, i had to look again. i now see the rear seat ( how could i miss it?) ,no back seat on the cheap jr, so Chris may be right, model A maxwell of 07 era would have the elephant ear fenders too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 01:27 am:

That Maxwell had a drive shaft which was rare as most two cylinder cars of that era had chain drive. A friend of mine made a stroker crankshaft out of a Jeep crank and it gained five miles an hour Jim Guinn of Guinn wooden bands drives that car to this day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 06:38 am:

Thank you all. Now if we only knew who was in it. I wish the old timers would have put names and dates on the back of photos.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration