We're there different widths of rear rims for a Ford TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: We're there different widths of rear rims for a Ford TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 10:58 pm:

Recently I've been working with a friend building a TT truck he has 20 ich x 650nch tires, he needed & now we have bought from different people a 20 inch Rim & snap rings. When we receive them we compared the two and found that they were different in their width. I personally don't have much experience with TT Fords and wanted to know if they made 2 different 20 inch rims & snap rings, the wider rim looks like it will fit the tire. The other rim looks to narrow. Any help would be appreciated .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:00 am:

There were many cars and truck who used simular wheels these got swap or trade as the orginal wheel wore out
I have personaly used hudson and essex wheels on tt's
As prices for tt wheels skyrocket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:41 am:

TT 600x20 rims are all the same width, but the AA wheels are, I think, a little wider.
Bob's Right, what you are looking for is made of Unobtainium. I looked for a few years for mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

John,
The TT Ford truck with 20" tire size used Firestone "DT" rims in 20x5, the DT type was only used on TT trucks. Firestone also made "D" rims for cars in 20x4 1/2, 20x4, and 20x3 1/2 ( 21" rims too in 4 widths). The DT and D types are indistinguishable except for their diameter and width.
So yes the narrow rim is off a car.
Even if you get the tire on, I doubt that the rim will clamp properly to the wheel.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration