Old Photo - Third Street Looking East, Bemidji, Ninn.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Third Street Looking East, Bemidji, Ninn.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:30 am:

I see a Runabout with the twin oval glass windows. Must be visiting from Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Includes current views:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/375914.html?1374584106

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 11:35 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

One of my favorite Minnesota towns. The true home of Paul and Babe. Their NCAA Division one Hockey Team is one of the best in the nation. I was lucky enough to mentor a 14 year old foster child from there last summer. He left here with a tool box and a love for Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Mike,

See if you can mentor the town into getting Third Street looking "right" again, OK ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Dave,

I am always trying to track down additional information about the Model Ts. You commented, "I see a Runabout with the twin oval glass windows. Must be visiting from Canada."

If that runabout had a slant windshield and one man top and looked fairly new, I would absolutely agree with you. But from the little bit I have gathered so far I suspect the oval windows did not become standard in the Canadian tops until the one man tops were introduced along with the slant windshields. There is some debate if that occurred with the 1920 model year cars or the 1921 model year cars (which could have been at the later part of 1920) but it occurred several years before the USA went to the one man tops and slanted windshields with the 1923 model year low cowl roadsters and tourings.

If my theory is correct -- then the oval windows would have been one of the accessory replacement top or rear curtains available back in the day (or perhaps even from the Canadian Ford dealer...).

If you have any documentation or leads for documentation that would support my theory (ok guess) I would welcome the confirmation or if appropriate correction to my guess.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:09 am:

I'd say you're right Hap. I didn't think to look at the windshield. The fact that the car next to it has a single oval says that someone local was likely installing accessory tops. I have seen a few 1920 cars here in Canada with ovals.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration