Is It OK to Fall in Love with Your Insurance Company?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Is It OK to Fall in Love with Your Insurance Company?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 01:53 pm:

I’m posting this to the AACA, HCCA and MTFCA websites.

I had to make a quick overnight trip from NJ to Waynesboro, VA last Sunday with an expected return Monday. About 50 miles from Waynesboro my 2004 VW Touareg shed a drive belt that disabled the alternator and power steering. I kept going on battery ignition, watching the voltage drop. I got to my motel on the last gasp of the battery; by then the ABS, air bags and most everything else except the engine had shut down. I did my business, then set about arranging a flat-bed tow to the nearest VW dealer when they opened for business Monday morning.

I called AAA. “Due to the recent severe weather, you may wait a long time for someone to answer the phone.” I waited 20 minutes, then started calling local towing numbers. On Sunday evening? Oh, well. Then I called Hagerty. I have their antique towing service. I told them I wasn’t driving one of my antiques, but asked whether they use could any contacts to find me a tow. The very nice lady in Texas said she’d be glad to provide help as “Member Assistance”. Within a half hour she’d called my back with a tow she’d arranged, and a reasonable price. The next morning Hagerty called to confirm the arrangement. The tow truck arrived sooner than had been promised, and everything went swimmingly after that. Hagerty even called me again to be sure the tow driver had shown up and was performing. VW was able to fix my car, and I was back in NJ only about 3-1/2 hours after I’d have been home had my car not had a problem.

Did I happen to mention that I was very pleased with Hagerty?

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder, Morristown, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 02:29 pm:

Gil,
Glad all went well, and that Haggerty was so helpful. We just switched our antique cars to them last fall. Thank you for the post,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Gil, That is great to hear and thank you for telling us. But also be sure to send them a note telling them how pleased you are. Business' that strive to be the best, generally stay that way. Also, it may be possible the employee that helped you might get extra recognition. These are all "inside" things I have learned over the years and currently have at my work place of business.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Chad - Good idea! In fact, I e-mailed Hagerty just after I made these posts to the car clubs' national websites, telling the home office about them. Nobody was ever hurt by a well-deserved kind word.

Gil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

I frequent some other forums too and everyone speaks highly of Hagerty which is why MY five cars are insured with them as well.
The kind of service they gave you is WAY beyond what anyone could hope for and I'm happy it was Hagerty who rose to the occasion.
Not only that but Hagerty gives back to the hobby through their scholarship program among other things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:22 pm:

I have been insuring my antique cars for the last 11 years with Hagerty. I now have several old cars covered with them and soon will add another. I have never had to file a claim and am glad to hear about their outstanding service.

(Message edited by paulmikeska on February 24, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 01:00 am:

It is fine to love your insurance company! I have been with my insurance company for many years and had a few claims. Now I work for them on a part time basis. They only employ people who genuinely have a love for old cars! Best part time job ever. I take my Model T to many shows and events as a promotional tool for them. always brings a crowd! www.shannons.com.au

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:33 am:

THAT is customer service! That's the kind of thing that makes you want to do business with someone and makes you want to talk others into doing business with them also. In a recent thread about customer service from vendors, a lot of members here got a tongue lashing for telling others about the LACK OF customer service from a particular vendor. That vendor would do well to read this thread and learn what customer service is all about. You give good service and people will tell others. You give bad service and people are gonna tell others about that too. If I had a business, I know which one I would want my customers telling others about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:35 am:

Hagerty is the Lang's of insurance companies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:41 am:

When I lost an expensive classic car in an accident, I didn't get a hassle from Hagerty. Instead I got a cheque for the full appraised value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Just sent an email to Hagerty acknowledging their treatment of you and how I'm glad to have them insuring my cars as well. Doesn't hurt to let them know their positive actions are far reaching.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration