Just back from another American adventure

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Just back from another American adventure
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 02:39 pm:

My daughter renewed her wedding vows in one of those tacky Vegas, Elvis themed, weddings and naturally my wife and I were invited along. There were 12 of us that travelled from Australia and it turned out to be a lot of fun. When in the area we called in to see Dave and Glen at Chaffins. As usual, they made us very welcome and we enjoyed quite a bit of banter before I realised I was running out of time and had to leave.
Before leaving Australia, I had organised to call into Rootliebs, if we had enough time. On the day I made sure that there was definitely enough time and stopped by. Initially, Rod showed Sandy and I around the factory, but after a little while Tom himself took over and as an extra bonus took us out to some other sheds and showed us some of his personal collection.
I have always been impressed with American hospitality and these two encounters with giants in the hobby have cemented that impression. When minnows like me are treated like I matter by men like them.....WOW. We had a really great time, but as they say, "there's no place like home".
On my return I found 2 heavy parcels waiting to be opened. One contained a new Scat crank for the speedster project and the other, new engine parts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration