Original 1919 Ford manual

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Original 1919 Ford manual
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

I came home from work this afternoon and found a manila envelope had come in the mail. It contained an original Ford manual dated 1919. A friend of mine in the Midwest was cleaning out some of his dad's things and came across it, so he sent it to me. Original literature is so cool!

book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

Very nice ! Sooo, does a '19 reside in your garage ? If not, I have one in mine - hint - hint !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

No, but a '24 touring does. It has a lot of good info that applies to my '24 also. Sorry, but I'll keep it for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 04:42 pm:

"That's a joke, ah say, that's a joke, son." - to quote one of my favorite Disney characters !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

Senator Claghorn from Fred Allens Alley always said that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Colonel Foghorn Leghorn cartoons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Foghorn Leghorn appeared in Merrie Melodies and Looney Tunes cartoons, which were Warner Brothers Pictures not Disney.

He was my favorite too!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

Steve T, that's a very cool pic, the lighting makes it look almost like an illustration.
Steve B. There were some very close reprintings done of that booklet, others will have to tell you how to spot the "fakes"--just in case, as yours looks soooo clean!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 06:34 pm:

Thanks for the correction, Henry - I was lucky just to remember the rooster's name !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

I wish I would have used the opposite background - a row of Arborvite trees !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 02:57 am:

Steve,
That's what Photoshop is for!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:12 am:

The manual looks old, but how old? Who knows. The pages are slightly yellowed, the back cover is missing and the front cover is a little rough. The 2 staples holding the book together are rusty. 3 newer staples attach the front cover. It may be a reprint from many years ago or an original. How can I tell?

book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Here's one way to tell. This manual (top photo), looks like yours and original but, it is not. Look on the back cover to see if it has a "Polyprints" mark. That means it's an older reproduction.

Then there is my parts price list. No mark on it. Is it original? I don't know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Unfortunately the back cover is missing.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration