Two Model Ts to be given away Feb 28th

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Two Model Ts to be given away Feb 28th
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

ad

OK, I never said this year ...:-)

close 1

close 2

The ad had been cut from an old magazine. Not sure of the year or what magazine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

I about broke my fingers clicking on this thread Donnie!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Probably 1917 or 1918 ("War Tax Paid").

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:30 pm:

The story of my life: A day late and a dollar short.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

Looks more like 97 years late Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

I count 8 faces, do I win?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

jack, you win!! your car is at model t haven, way out in the back, on the tin pile, pick up any time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:19 am:

I think it was '17 cars being given away, since it says "New Model." It's interesting that the picture of the Touring shows light-colored smooth tires in front and light sidewalls with black treads in back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 08:30 am:

'16 cars seems to have had smooth tires both front and back with the thread area in black rubber. In '17 the rear tires got threads. The low quality newspaper print doesn't give much contrast, but I can sense a darker shade on the front tires too in the wear area.

Mostly the black rubber doesn't show well in period photos, while the modern black and white photos from Bruce's book of the Rip Van Winkle '17 shows the black and white contrast better. Maybe it's a photo technical issue? I know old types of B&W photography didn't show some other types of color differences very good.

Here is a period picture of "Uncle Fred's first car", a seemingly rather new 1916 with smooth front and rear tires. You'll have to look carefully to see the separation line between dark and light colored rubber:

Uncle Freds car

And here's a more modern photo (early 70's?) of the Rip Van Winkle '17 from Minnesota:

rip front end

No problems to see the color contrast in the original rubber smoothies there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 08:41 am:

Me too Ron!! Made my heart skip a beat :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 09:59 am:

Sorry about any heart attacks or broken fingers. :-) I lean toward a 1917 or 18 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Well, by the time you wear the T out maby you can win this 1!

Found this in some of grandma's stuff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

FYI,

I used 47460 for the Zip Code on my entry. It would be just like the USPS to not deliver it in time.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

Oops ... I just re-read the entry form. It says, "both cars equipped with electric lights and starter" so does that move us into 1919 models just after the war. ????

(Message edited by dobro1956 on February 25, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Not the first Ford won at a raffle:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration