Can anyone pinpoint the change?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Can anyone pinpoint the change?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Can anyone pinpoint exactly when Ford switched from the small single-hole body mount to the larger 4-hole body mount?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Explain ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Jason might have been thinking the TT frame to body.

Here is an older post on those brackets:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/292809.html?1339216654

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Thats correct. I am referring to the brackets that attach the body to the frame on the TT. They bolted onto the frame and had a single bolt hole into the body for "earlier" years and then changed in the 'later' years to have 4 bolt holes into the body. I am wondering when that change from one bolt hole to 4 bolt holes took place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:01 pm:

Jason,

I don't know if you're planning work on an earlier truck or a later one and I don't know how important authenticity is to you, but just for the record all of the brackets you're talking about were fastened to the chassis with rivets not bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Yes, I meant to say rivets. My mistake

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration