I need help removing door windows on 27 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I need help removing door windows on 27 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

I have removed the door panel, window crank, and bottom portion of the window frame. I have removed all the screws from the one-piece-combined side/top frame. I have been unable to remove that frame. I almost appears to be glued to the window channels. I am afraid to put to much pressure on the frame. I would appreciate any help you give me.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

I think those frames slide straight up. Hopefully someone more experienced will chime in on this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

Alby,if I remember correctly the side trim piece has a lip that extends behind the felt channel. It has to be pulled out flush with the glass. It could also be glued to the felt channel if someone somewhere down the line installed new felt channel. Maybe a razor blade would cut the glue from the trim piece...I hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

I assume that the frame (inside garnish molding) should come off as a separate part. Is that
right?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alby Anderson on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Problem Solved.

On the 1927 coupe the three-piece inside garnish molding on the door is held by a one piece track on each side of the molding. The molding is removed by sliding the whole piece up.

27 coupe window molding

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

You can PM Bob Benedict. He just went through this on his 26 coupe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 05:47 am:

Alby, Replacing the window tracks on my 26 were a nightmare. Be sure you don't mix the windows up. I believe I switched the windows and now they don't go completely down straight. Just a guess on my part. The new channels are really too big and are for a Model A car but can be forced in. The channels and window have to be installed at the same time. This makes clipping the tops of the channels very difficult. I hope this helps. Bob Benedict

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:05 am:

Whoa, very different than the '26 coupe I did last year...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration