Brass plating services needed.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brass plating services needed.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Foye on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

I have forked 'black and brass' style headlights on my 1914 speedster. The brass top of the headlights and the rims are actually steel with chrome. The car was last touched in the 1950's and has a wonderful aged patina. The chrome is gone, and steel is rusting through. I would like to send these parts, minus the headlight bucket itself and have them stripped and brass plated to match the rest of the car. can any one recommend a place? I've tried searching ebay for other brass lights, but find them pretty expensive and not match to the car. Thanks for any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

I had several parts brass plated a few years ago by Memphis Plating Works. They did a good job and were reasonable. You can google them for contact info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Matt, try Providence Electroplating @ 401-421-6192
they are not far from you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Metro Plating and Polishing in MD isn't too far from you.

http://metroplating.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince Altieri.... Greensburg, PA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:16 am:

M&P Refinishing....212 S. 5th St., Jeannette, PA 15644
724-527-6360
They have done plating for me for over 30 years. Quality work every time.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration