Old Photo - It's amazing What 20 Horsepower Will Do!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - It's amazing What 20 Horsepower Will Do!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:41 am:

My lawn mover has 25 HP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Praise the Lord!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

The TT has a chassis extension and eliptical springs. Often this was accompanied by an auxiliary transmission. This allowed heavier loads to be carried, making the truck a 2TT.
Like a Form-a-truck on steroids.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Alan is correct. Also, it's an early TT. Shorpy narrative says circa 1920, so it can't be more than a 3 year old truck at the time of the photo. Note the short running boards.

Very cool photo. Fun to see a T and a TT in this type of "mass transit" use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

Good photo because it clearly show the difference in wheelbase between a T and a TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

I bet a team of 20 horses could pull both those rigs, tho maybe not as fast as the Ford engine could.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:57 am:

Photo likely taken at 30th and M street in Georgetown, Washington DC. Now parked there are BMW's full of Yuppies, high ranking government people, and a maybe a few college or law students. I used to live at 26th and O and would see Henry Kissinger taking his dog out to crap in the morning... fun neighborhood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:17 am:

John,

I believe you are spot on.

The street had been named on the trucks as 214 John Marshall. The names were changed and I couldn't figure out if that was the old or new.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Great to see the "now and then" photos Ken, thanks!

That's definitely the place! I wonder if 214 John Marshall (who was the first justice of the US Supreme Court) is a phone number with rather than an address. I never heard of a street called John Marshall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 03:50 pm:

Seems meant to be there's still a truck chassis vehicle parked in the same spot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration