Old Photo - Checking The Petcocks...........The Hard Way!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Checking The Petcocks...........The Hard Way!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:31 am:

LOL, I watched this movie. I think he disappears completely in the engine compartment and then opens up the hood and crawls out the other side. Lots of great T humor. I can't remember what it's called.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:33 am:

GET OUT AND GET UNDER

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:43 am:

That's what happens when your tie gets caught in the fan belt!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Maybe its just me but the front tires look awful skinny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:07 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTRdKCfHjdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tpF0V3ke4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajFm3yUAK-Q

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:35 am:

He should have used the crosswalk. That will be difficult to remove and dispose of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:24 pm:

Erik, thanks for the links. A good T movie to watch.. Does anyone know what movie the following pics are from. The body of the speedster is the same as the body of my speedster project. ... Its another Harold Lloyd movie but Ive not found out what one it is.

movie 1

movie 2

movie 3

movie 4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

Donnie,
I think this one is called "Speedy". Been a long time since I have seen it. I do have it on DVD. Harold Lloyd is Great!!!!, But I like Buster Keaton even better.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Benjamin on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:47 am:

The T speedster is Lloyd's car the 1922 feature comedy "Grandma's Boy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9EtmLcg3Mc

Rick Benjamin
Lewisburg, PA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 06:16 pm:

Shows how well my memory doing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Suttle on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 03:23 pm:

That first image is indeed from a short titled "Get Out and Get Under" with Harold Lloyd and his future wife Mildred Harris.
If you haven't seen it, you should watch it.
In the second scene Lloyd opens his garage to get his Model T out for a spin. It appears to be a brand new car. As shiny as a new dollar (although there is a noticeable door ding). Following that, there is great street footage of him driving it around LA (look for him passing a Pierce Arrow - the contrast in size is remarkable)
I think more than one T was used in this film although they do keep using the same Calif. license plate.
The movie really is a treat.
In "Speedy", Lloyd drives Babe Ruth around in a Model T taxi with a very unusual body. I don't know if it's genuine after-market or something that was made for the film, but it is quite unusual.
Netflix has both of these films and they may also be on YouTube.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration