Mystery Pieces

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Mystery Pieces
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest Kahle on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:30 pm:

After about 4 years, I am finally reassembling my 1926 Coupe. I got the body back from the paint shop a couple of weeks ago and am now working on the dash. In going through the parts I have restored, I found a pair of brackets that I labeled years ago "dash brackets". They are 8 1/2 inches long. Only problem is that I cannot find where they would go! None of the holes line up with anything else in the dash area. Did I mislabel them?
Please help if you can, as I am afraid to go any further in the dash reassembly for fear these are as important as they look.
Mystery Parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Schultz_Sheboygan,WI on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:43 pm:

Kahle, those are firewall brackets that you have pictured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

firewall to frame brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

They go on the outside front of the firewall - at the base where the firewall is touching the frame. You'll see two holes in the frame on the side that match up with the two close holes on your brackets. The long parts stick straight up and against the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

You were correct in your labeling. Ford refers to the firewall as a Dash. (A carryover from earlier years.) The "other" dash is called an Instrument Panel. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

Here's a pic of the passenger side one installed (from elsewhere on the forum):

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest Kahle on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Wow!
Thank you all. I knew this would be the place to get my answers.
Hope you don't mind if I ask more questions as I proceed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 03:53 pm:

Forrest,

"Hope you don't mind if I ask more questions as I proceed!"

We would be disappointed if you didn't have any more questions! Or, updates on your project for that matter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

We've all been there. I have received lots of help and sometime sympathy when that was called for. Tell us more about your project!

Vintage Paul

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration