Floorboard Trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Floorboard Trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

Today, I discovered who made the floorboards in my '13 runabout. Fisher! Stamped on the bottom side of the floorboard is F.B.Co. I say that because the body is a Fisher. So, it's my understanding that when Ford received the bodies, they were complete ready to mount on the chassis, with the tops and upholstery and...floorboards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Larry - I'm not able to look at the floorboards on my '14 Touring just now, but I think one of the front floorboards also has F.B. Co. on it, but my body is a Beaudette. So who knows? Maybe F.B. Co. was just a small woodworking shop that provided floorboards to Ford. BTW, my '14 Touring is a relatively original car with out any mods when I got it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

I've heard that Ford removed them during assembly and they didn't necessarily get put back in the same car they were removed from. Couldn't say how true it is, but sounds plausible.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration