Another two piece crank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another two piece crank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Posting this as a test of photo upload.
ErikOne more for the scrap pile

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Test complete!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

I have loaded several apps for my iPad and have had no success. Then I saw a posting tonight that recommended pic resize.com. It works! Thanks, forum friends.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 11:49 pm:

Hope you didn't damage the block. Check carefully where the broken crank may have hit before it stopped rotating.

Sorry I can't say nice picture but the quality is very good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:38 am:

Couldn't save the block. It was a 1919 engine in a 26 coupe, and the block had other issues as well. Cracks and valve seats wiped out. We started with a real nice 27 core engine on this one, so nice we were able to bore it to .020" oversize to use some pistons we had on hand. Putting another T back on the road. Life is good.
Fordially, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, February 27, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

Then the crank broke on the 1912 T last year the only thing that broke other than the crank was the lip of the timing cover where the crank seal is.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration